- December 12, 2001: For any interested developers...we'll be having a meeting for all newbies and development contributors Thursday night 8:00 EST on our IRC channel #openai on the server irc.openprojects.net
Hope to see you there!
- November 13, 2001: Some great news! We have a volunteer to do work on the GUI code for the neural network. He'll be starting work immediately so if you have any ideas for him email ideas.
In other news, I've been getting a few emails about how to help the group as a response to my TODO list. So I figured I would summarize them here and save myself some carpal tunnel.
Here are the steps you should take if you want to tackle anything on the TODO list (linked below):
1. Let us know
what you want to do.
2. Get yourself a SourceForge account
3. Download the Neural Network codebase via anonymous CVS. There are instructions on how to do this (along with anything else you may want to do) on the SourceForge Docs page
4. code away.
5. submit the modified files to me for approval.
6. enjoy the ensuing fame and glory. :)
Hope this helps, the more help we get the better so don't hesitate to contribute.
- November 8, 2001: Ok folks, the todo list for the neural network software is up. Feel free to comment on it and also if you're interested in taking a section of development and want to contribute to a timeless piece of AI then email us.
- November 8, 2001: Hey all. I'll be putting some time in on the Java Neural Network soon so if you have any ideas on implementation or want to help out with some programming get in touch with us. I'll be posting a short TODO list here for the Neural Network in the next few days so keep your eyes and minds open.
- November 1, 2001: Hiya folks! It's been a while since we put out an update but don't fret, we're still alive...just taking care of other issues. As soon as it's possible we'll get back down to specs and coding.
In the meantime, stop by our channel and say 'hi' or take a look around the rest of the site.